First Time at Court Equestrian?
All new riders must complete and sign this form before riding for the first time. It helps us to give you a better service and to ensure that you have an enjoyable and safe riding experience. All new riders must be assessed in the School grounds before going on a hack.
Riders, parents & guardians – please read carefully:
1. Riding is dangerous and horses are unpredictable. Horses/ponies can move unexpectedly, be startled by dogs, cars, noise etc, and they may even buck unexpectedly. Riders can fall or be thrown from their animal whether walking, trotting, cantering or jumping.
2. You ride at your own risk. While the School has its own Insurance Cover, this will not cover personal accidents etc, so Personal insurance cover is recommended.
3. Safety precautions: Always wear a hard hat. You are recommended to have your own, but hats are available for loan from the school Body protection is strongly recommended. Have something reflective on your horse or yourself in poor light conditions, and preferably at all times Check girth & stirrup before riding and ask Instructor to re-check unless you are experienced
4. Drive slowly in the drive and use the car park. Be careful when parking as children are usually around.
5. Observe the signs around the School.
6. Never attempt anything about which you are not confident. Discuss it with an Instructor if in doubt.
7. Sensible precautions around horses include:
Avoid horses rear legs
Do not feed titbits to horses
Do not enter a stable containing a horse unless you have been authorised and are competent to handle it safely
Do not smoke in the yard area
8. When riding out, as you are sitting in the saddle and holding the reins, you are the only person who can directly control the horse, although the Instructor or Lead Rider will always be willing to help or advise. So, be aware of other riders, other road users, and watch for hazards that might upset the horse (dogs, plastic blowing in the wind etc).
9. When joining the lane at the bottom of the drive, switch on the flashing light by pressing the centre button.
10. Two WC’s are provided with warm water and a room is provided for eating/clothes storage etc. Please look after any valuables.
ALWAYS BE CAREFUL AROUND HORSES!
Now fill in the New Rider Form by clicking here
WE HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY RIDING AND GET AS MUCH PLEASURE OUT OF HORSES AS WE DO.
WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP AND WILL BE PLEASED TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS!